- A wheelchair-bound student has a long, protracted legal battle with the department of the misuse of muggle artifacts to be allowed to use a special levitating wheelchair that lets them get up the stairs.
- A student with depression gets an addiction to cheering potion
- A student with autism making their own goddamn sensory muffling spell and not relying on Flitwitck to make it for them
- A student with Downs Syndrome demanding their right to attend Hogwarts
- A Ravenclaw student with ADD or dyslexia gets shitty OWL scores, declares, fuck you all and your arbitrary measures of intelligence, I’m going to educate myself, and goes off and learns to be awesome on their own terms.
so yeah booooo shitty feel-good headcanons about Hogwarts being all warm and cuddly for students with disabilities (aside from being dismissive of disability, HAVE YOU READ THE FUCKING BOOKS there’s a huge point made about how the wizarding world is just as shitty and discriminatory as the muggle world). yaaaay headcanons that actually reflect what it’s like to live with a disability and involving people with disabilities being their own hero. For real y’all, you gotta recognize that it’s a fucking struggle, and having that erased with some magic spell dismisses and demeans our experiences.